Lotus Campaign is an innovative nonprofit organization dedicated to changing the paradigm of how we address homelessness by engaging the private real estate and investment communities as partners in the solution. Since launching in Charlotte, North Carolina in July of 2018, Lotus Campaign has facilitated housing for over 350 people at a cost of less than $800 per person per year, invested in our first real estate project in which 20% of the units are reserved for Lotus clients, and traveled across the country advising others of what we are doing and why it matters. Our program shows that Lotus Campaign’s model works and is replicable in other communities. Lotus Campaign is a seeking a creative, entrepreneurial, and team-oriented individual to serve as an intern. In this role, the intern will have an opportunity to work in a fast-paced, mission-based start-up environment on multi-faceted projects. This temporary, nonexempt, part-time "Planning Intern" position will serve as a planning generalist with involvement in a multitude of Lotus initiatives. Projects will potentially span the breadth of Lotus Campaign's portfolio including work related to scaling the Landlord Participation Program to another community, grant administration, data management and analysis, creative communications strategy and general project management within the context of a mission-driven start-up. Interns will be required to work approximately 35 hours/week.
Experience and Qualifications:
· Graduate student in urban planning, real estate, architecture, urban design, public policy
· Excited about nontraditional solutions to homelessness, housing affordability, planning, policy and real estate
· Strong project management experience and able to work both independently and as part of a team
· Attention to detail and ability to find creative solutions to problems
· Excellent written and oral communication
· Flexible and adaptive - interested in a range of subjects and participating in both minor administrative work and self-directed project work
· Strong graphic presentation and visualization, and analytic skills (Adobe Suite, MS Office)
· Energetic, motivated to deliver high-quality work and learn new things
· Professional and reliable
Lotus Campaign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin or ancestry, protected veteran status, perceived disability, or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other category protected under applicable laws. Lotus Campaign celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace environment.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter stating your interest in the role to email@example.com with subject line “Internship", no later than 11:59 pm on Sunday, March 27th. Those applicants requiring accommodation related to the application and/or review process should send a special request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Lotus Campaign:
Lotus Campaign is a nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing the availability of housing for people experiencing homelessness or in imminent danger of experiencing homelessness by engaging the private, for-profit real estate and investment communities as part of the solution. Learn more at www.lotuscampaign.org.