Director of Philanthropy (Full Time)
About the Organization
Learn more at Lotuscampaign.org. Lotus Campaign is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization located in Charlotte, North Carolina, whose mission is Increasing the availability of housing for people experiencing homelessness by engaging the for-profit sector as partners in the solution.
Lotus Campaign is seeking an experienced fundraising professional with a passion for nonprofit excellence to serve as its Director of Philanthropy. The successful candidate will be a member of Lotus Campaign’s leadership team, responsible for creating, executing, and evaluating all fundraising strategies with a donor-centered philosophy.
Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy oversees all activities related to philanthropic giving for operating, capital, and endowment funds. In partnership with the Chief Operating Officer , he/she leads the execution of all fundraising and outreach efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Development Plan: Develop and implement an annual Development Plan that identifies the goals, objectives and strategies for annual fund, membership, special events, major and special gifts and planned-giving.
2. Donor Relationships: Strengthen processes and lead activities to establish, cultivate and steward relationships with individual and corporate donors. This includes guiding the production of an annual impact report and other donor communication.
3. Major Gifts: Create individual donor/prospect cultivation plans and, in partnership with the Executive Director, board members, and other volunteer leaders, cultivate and solicit major gifts.
Lotus Campaign Director of Philanthropy
1. Grants: In collaboration with the Chief Operating Officer, will identify, research, and write funding proposals to foundations, corporations, organizations, and government agencies. Develop relationships with key personnel and trustees at these institutions. Assure grant reporting requirements are fulfilled in a timely manner.
2. Planned-Giving: Create opportunities for individuals to support Lotus Campaign through estate planning such as bequests, trusts, annuities, and other planned giving tools.
3. Special Fundraising Events: Provide overall direction and solicit sponsorships of fundraising events. Support, provide information, and encourage fundraising event committees.
4. Professional Development: Remain current with fundraising best practices to ensure Lotus Campaign’s fundraising is conducted within the highest ethical and legal standards, including compliance with the Association of Fundraising Professionals code of ethics.
Required: Bachelor's degree in related field plus a minimum 3 years of experience directly applicable to the primary work. Passion for the organization’s mission and initiatives. Positive, energetic, and outgoing attitude with a strong work ethic, team-player mentality, and willingness and ability to adapt to changing scenarios. Out-of-the-box strategic thinking, self-motivated, committed, and ability to implement plans that support moving the organization forward.
Preferred: Experience with Capital and Endowment Campaigns and designation as a Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE).
Hours, Salary and Benefits
Full-time, exempt position with health, retirement, vacation, and other benefits. Salary negotiable and commensurate with experience. Some weekend and evening work required.
Submit resume, list of three references, and cover letter detailing experience as it relates to the position and motivation for applying, as well as salary requirements to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Revisions, additions, or deletions to this job description may be made at any point. Lotus Campaign is an Equal Opportunity Employer.